Sunday, September 18, 2011

Silent Sunday's 10

1) The Smiths were essentially a joke band aping on 60's girl groups and hyperbolizing misery for amusement. Got it?

2) My copy of Minor Threat's Complete Discography has a scratch. I'm not happy about this.

3) Some times are completely incapable of satisfaction.

4) Coldplay fails as a band because they lack soul... and they're plagiarists.

5) Fleet Foxes are interesting for about 90 seconds then it just gets boring. It was easily one of the most boring shows ever.

6) If the Eagles tour in 2012, you know the apocalypse is nigh.

7) Cat Stevens is better than Yusef Islam.

8) I know all the cool kids love The Doors, but I kind of think they were trying to be cool for coolness sake. (file under: Velvet Underground, U2, etc.)

9) Matthew Sweet and Tori Amos have records coming out. Is it 1993?

10) Although I like Bjork, really, I only love Medulla. Of course I'll still check out Biophilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment